Welcome to The Urban Xenophile, a website owned and operated by Jordana Manchester, and run as The Urban Xenophile.
By accessing the website at Urbanxenophile.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
Permission is granted to use the The Urban Xenophile’s website for personal and non-commercial viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you do not have permission to:
- modify or copy any materials on this website;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials on this blog; or
- transfer the materials to another individual or “mirror” the materials on this blog any other server.
The materials on The Urban Xenophile website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. The Urban Xenophile makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
The Urban Xenophile does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
From time to time, I am offered products, services or experiences for free or at a discounted price. When reviewing or mentioning these products, my opinions, and experiences are my own and reflect no one else’s unless otherwise stated (ie. Guest posts).
In no event shall The Urban Xenophile or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Urban Xenophile’s website, even if The Urban Xenophile or an Urban Xenophile authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
ACCURACY OF MATERIALS
The materials appearing on The Urban Xenophile’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Urban Xenophile does its best to provide accuracy, and maintain complete and current materials. However, some posts may not be updated over time.
The Urban Xenophile reserves the right to moderate and delete comments, including those found to be using offensive, hateful, bigoted, racial and nonconstructive language.
The Urban Xenophile website may contain hyperlinks to other websites operated by third parties. I am not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Urban Xenophile of the site. Hyperlinks are provided for your own convenience only. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
This website includes ‘affiliate links,’ wherein I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using the link. I only endorse or link to products and services that I genuinely recommend and would use/have used myself.
I participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for the blog to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
This website may also include some sponsored links, which are paid for hyperlinks to businesses or services.
The Urban Xenophile may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Canada.
DATA WE COLLECT
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used by The Urban Xenophile:
- personal information contained in any communications that you send to us by email
- your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about use of this website including the length of visit, pages visited;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our blog updates
- information, such as your name, email address and website, that you enter when you comment on a blog post or page;
HOW COLLECTED DATE IS UTILIZED
When your data is collected and stored, it will may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- ensuring proper function of this website
- enhancing your experience on our website by personalising content to you
- improving the website experience and content with use of statistics and analytics
- responding to inquiries made by or about you relating to our website
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested about new post updates
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (third parties are not able to identify any individual user from that information)
- keeping this website secure and prevent fraud
- sending (and collecting payment for) products and services that you have specifically requested to purchase
- enabling your use of the services available on the Urban Xenophile website
Personal information that is collected for the aforementioned purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
To leave a comment on a blog post or page, your email is required but never shown or shared with anyone other than The Urban Xenophile.
Subscription to the Urban Xenophile email list for post updates is on a double opt-in basis only. Should you wish to stop receiving these emails at any time, there is an unsubscribe option at the bottom of every email.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Blocking or deleting all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies, do not select ‘accept’ on the cookies pop-up when visiting the website. You can also alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies.
SHARING OF DATA
We do not share, distribute, sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties other than trusted partners compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) who make providing this website to you possible or otherwise enhance your experience on this website.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law.
Our trusted third party partners are:
- Google Analytics – traffic analytics and demographic information about our website audience
- Facebook – advertising tracking and analytics about our users
- Twitter – advertising tracking and analytics about our users
- MailChimp – email collection for user selected subscription to post updates
- Akismet Anti-Spam – to protect our site from spam comments
This website includes ‘affiliate links,’ wherein this website receives a small commission if you make a purchase using the link. The Urban Xenophile works with – Commission Junction, and Amazon Associates.
POLICY ON CHILDREN
The Urban Xenophile is targeted to adults and adult family members. It does not create content to target children. Children’s date and personal information is not knowingly collected.
SECURING YOUR DATA
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure and will take reasonable technical precautions to prevent the loss or misuse of collected data. All personal information is stored on our secure shared server, with password and firewall protection OR with our trusted third parties mentioned above.
No method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. The Urban Xenophile cannot accept any responsibility in the event of a security breach that affects your privacy.
In the event of a breach, you will be notified within 72 hours.
DATA COLLECTION: YOUR RIGHTS
It is your right to be able to access the personal information we hold about you. In most cases, we can provide this – contact jordana(at)urbaxenophile.com. There are some circumstances in which such a request could be refused such as (but is not limited to) when the law prohibits it or the data relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings.
In relation to your personal data you also have the right to – information, rectification, erasure, restrict processing, object to processing, data portability, and to withdraw consent.
If you have any comments, questions, concerns or complaints about data collection in relation to this website, please contact jordana(at)urbaxenophile.com